To become a
certified teacher in Texas, you must pass a minimum of two examinations:
a pedagogy exam (measuring teaching ability) and a content area exam
(measuring your knowledge of the subject matter you will teach). Certain
positions require additional certification.
Educational Testing Service (ETS) is the
testing vendor for the Texas Education Agency. Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi provides this web site to coordinate the
information specifically applicable to our students.
- Get your certification plan from Certification Officer Scott Simmons
- Use your certification plan to see which exams your area requires
- Begin on the prerequisites you'll need to qualify for testing
- We encourage you to pass your pedagogy and content area exams before completing your certification program.
- Be aware that testing requires several application steps, and missing deadlines will result in additional fees.
*This site is designed as a resource for you, and we try to keep it
updated. However, the state may change testing details. To get the very
latest information, please visit the ETS website at http://www.texes.ets.org.